Our in house secondary operations include:
- Vibratory De-burring – removes the sharp edges from parts
- Coining or Sizing – is beneficial for close
dimensional control as well as densification
- Automatic Stamping – aids the identification of parts
- Black Oxidizing or Oil Dip Coating – is useful for corrosion resistance
- Steam Treating – will make the surface hard, improve corrosion resistance and seal porosity
- Oil Impregnation – makes bearings self-lubricate and is ideal for applications where lubrication is difficult, needed frequently, or impossible.
- How does oil impregnation work? – Approximately 90% of the pores throughout the part form an interconnected storage system of controlled size and volume. When vacuum-filled with lubricating oil, these pores allow for even lubrication over the entire bore surface. The rate of oil automatically increases with temperature due to increasing speeds or rotation. For most application, the porosity is between 15% and 25% by volume, with the upper limit being imposed by strength considerations that vary inversely with porosity.
- Heat Treating